Advocacy to raise awareness on widow's rights
YWAP Training for capacity building
alternative depute resolution on family land
YWAP intervention was the useof programmatic activities to strengthen widows’ sexual, property and inheritance rights in reducing destitution among widows.These activities include:
• Advocacy to raise awareness discussions groups, distribute informational materialsand conducted public outreaches.
• Paralegal program services by community-based volunteers.
• Temporary accommodation for widows and their children
• Bereavement counseling helping widows and orphans cope with grief and other challenges of life that faced them after the loss of a husband
• Experience sharing for widows in monthly group therapies;
• Promotion of Succession planning involving writing of wills and disclosure of family secrets to immediate family members of people with terminal health conditions
• Trainings of community elders in Siaya on legal tools to support widows land rights
• Assisting widows to get back family landand documents for inheriting property